Friday, May 13, 2011

Watchmen

Watchmen (2009)

In an alternate 1985 where former superheroes exist, the murder of a colleague sends active vigilante Rorschach into his own sprawling investigation, uncovering something that could completely change the course of history as we know it.



"What, in life, does not deserve celebrating? "

Watchmen is based on the graphic novel by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. The movie takes place in an alternate time-line. Set in 1985, and at the brink of nuclear war, Watchmen will either force you to be open-minded and accept this alternate reality, or reject the very idea of such an outlandish plot-line.




The characters are unique and very human. They make Wolverine (usually considered a brash and thuggish superhero,) look like Clark Kent. Our vigilante crew lacks superpowers , but they make up for it with attitude and maxi. Each member of the Watchmen are very different, so chances are you will end up loving at least one, and hating another.




The movie's opening credits are the real winner here. Set to Bob Dylan's ,The Times They Are A-Changin', you will be hooked from the first second. The colors, costumes, and "wax museum look-a-like still scenes" will mesmerize you. Don't Blink!!!




The movie is rated R and rightfully so. Parents should not let their kiddies partake in this orgy of blood, sex, nudity (both male and female,) and violence. This is no Fantastic Four!!! Watchmen is definitely more Scorsese than Superman!!! 




At just over 2 hours, the movie's plot and ending lose a little clarity due to the time restraints, but not much. If for nothing else but the colorful scenes and fantastic soundtrack, I would say give Watchmen a try. And if you actually like violence, sex, and superheroes, and haven't yet seen the movie- What the hell are you waiting for??? The movie's music and scenes will stick in your head for days, and you will want to watch it again and again. I already have!!!!!!!


8.5/10


Have you seen it? If so, what's your opinion?


56 comments:

  1. This is my all-time favorite Comic book adaptation. The story is incredible, the characters are unforgettable, and the action is palpable. The Comedian is so effing hardcore. This movie is better than any Marvel abortion that has been put into theatres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review, i will watch this soon i think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, this is a really good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome film. the idea is the best I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the film. There have been quite a lot of bad comic-based movies lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. brilliant movie, if you enjoyed it I suggest you also read the comics

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Movie was awesome! Your so right. Almost every song was stuck in my head for awhile. Such a unique film compared to your normal Super Hero films.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this movie, and while I typically dislike endings like the one they did, I think it actually fit well here. The graphic novel kicked ass too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this movie, I think its a great story with really good effects, probably in my top 10 the past 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't this film, but I heard many good things about the graphic novel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never watched it believe it or not. Everyone has except me

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen it. And altho I don't prefer superhero movies, this one is quite good. Also, didn't know it was R rated..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great film, even better graphic novel :D id give it 9/10 but thats just me :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't seen it yet, but cool review. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 8.5/10? Looks like I got another video on my to-watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I watched this movie! My favorite was Rorshach or however you spell it. =_= Can NOT believe he died, arghhh

    ReplyDelete
  17. "orgy of blood"... well, that's um, well...

    Well that's one way of putting it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome review, cant wait to check it out! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw it, and thoroughly enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got to ask to my uncle why he didn't like it (he's a philosopher), I don't remember what it was, but seem like it was a good point.

    But I like it :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. I liked it but I think people that were not familiar with the comic book must have had a hard time understanding the movie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have actually been meaning to watch this movie! Just havn't got around to it! I must netflix it soon=)

    ReplyDelete
  23. i have never watched it actually..but sure have heard about it >-<

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't seen the movie, but I been wanting to read the graphic novel for a while! I should read it this summer and then watch the movie :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've seen it, it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really enjoyed the movie's soundtrack, though My Chemical Romance's cover of Desolation Row isn't that great.

    ReplyDelete
  27. haha, those 2 pics. who is the "batman" dude. i've seen the movie but can't remember name, they changed him a lot from the original cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
  28. i very much enjoyed this movie

    ReplyDelete
  29. yep also seen this one, great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I loved Watchmen, this review is pretty spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I loved the photography, I loved the characters, I loved part of the story, but at the end everything goes to meh when they explains the logic of the events.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is an amazing film and the review fits perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I haven't seen it yet but doesn't make my genre

    ReplyDelete
  34. Checking it out on redbox

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nice review, I'd agree @ 8.5

    ReplyDelete
  37. I missed this movie, i think i'm gonna rent it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm with Yawgy, I just couldn't get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Watchmen I thought was pretty good. I've never read the graphic novel but it seemed good nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  41. After reading all this I think I'm gonna give this movie a try.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ive always meant to watch this.

    ReplyDelete
  43. i think i need to check this one out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I always wanted to watch this. I hear people are pretty split between it tho

    ReplyDelete
  45. I thought it was a great movie, but a bit dragged out in a few parts.

    ReplyDelete
  46. It's a pretty darn good movie. I saw it opening night on IMAX and it kept me entertained the whole time. One of my friends fell asleep during it though, so maybe not for everybody, haha

    ReplyDelete
  47. this movie is AMAZING! i love it. great review btw

    ReplyDelete
  48. I really enjoyed the movie thou I think that comic has A LOT more of the mental pondering potential.

    Roshy <3

    ReplyDelete