Friday, June 3, 2011

Into the Wild (2007)

Into the Wild (2007)

After graduating from Emory University, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandons his possessions, gives his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhikes to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encounters a series of characters that shape his life.



"When you want something in life, you just gotta reach out and grab it." 

Into the Wild may not be the greatest movie of all time. However, this doesn't restrain it from the fact that it is a great film. Being the first time that i watched a creation of Sean Penn, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, and to be honest neither were the others who were watching the movie with me.




Into the Wild tells the story of a young graduate living in a high life society who escapes the comfort of his parents materialism and goes on the road to discover new places and most importantly, to live a new life. On his journey he meets hippies, farmers and much much more. As time flies by, he becomes more and more independent of money and builds up to his ultimate goal: To reach the high grounds of Alaska and live with and off the wild.




Into the Wild is a complex movie supported by a great cast, great scene of photography and a compelling story. It is a film which will leave you thinking, trying to find the true message Sean Penn was trying to insert into our heads. This is where Into the Wild truly shines, because there is no clear message. It is the audience which can decide the cause of the what,where,why and when. Sean Penn has created a masterpiece which allows us to establish the basis of the story and have it represent our own thoughts.




Beware tho, this movie is quite long (140 minutes) and to truly enjoy, you must not question the realism of the film, you must embrace it and only then will you find your own message and conclusion to the movie.




Into The Wild is a beautiful piece of art which will re-define your ideas on the needs of an adolescent. 

Don't miss out!

9/10

Have you seen it? If so, what's your opinion?


22 comments:

  1. havent seen it yet but ill give it a try.. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I haven't even heard about this movie thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog and pictures. I've seen this and loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard this was a pretty good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive seen this and its defo worth 9/10.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been avoiding it because it was by Sean Penn...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Based of this I should probably go see it. I heard its really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must see it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good, Also thats the dude from THE GIRL NEXT DOOR so it cant be that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems pretty out there as far as real life stories go, but I guess stranger things have happened. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 9/10? Alright, you got me pulled in. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i've seen it and, dude, i've cried like a little girl. D:

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll have to see this now. Hopefully on netflix canada.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard nothing but good things about this. I still need to see it

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know how many times I have sat on the rocks and contemplated the meaning of life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i loved every bit of this movie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also haven't seen it. A 9/10! Thats very high. I'll give it a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great blog mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  19. If it's on Netflix, I will most certainly watch it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  20. haven't seen this since it came out, now i wanna watch again!

    ReplyDelete